What’s on in February Perth WA
What’s on in February I hear you ask? Just because school’s gone back and people are back at work, it doesn’t mean that the Summer holiday feeling can’t stick around.
In fact, February is a huge month for events in Perth every year. If you’re thinking of visiting WA and looking for what’s on in February this year there are literally hundreds of wonderful things to do! Here are a few suggestions.
- Cottesloe Film Festival – 1 – 16 February at the Cottesloe Civic Centre for world class films on the lawn under the stars!
- Wedding Open Day – 7 February – Some of Perth’s best wedding suppliers will be under one roof, offering soon-to-be newlyweds a taste of delicious food, divine wine and all things weddings in a beautiful riverside setting at Mosman Park Golf Club’s Wedding Open Day.
- Perth Festival – 9 February to 3 March – a visual feast! An international arts festival featuring the best theatre from around the globe. Music! Free Events! Theatre! Circus!
- Perth Masquerade Ball – 16 February at the Claremont Showgrounds – Let the marvellous era of masks and secrecy bring you on a journey. Take yourself back to 15th century renaissance and the carnival season of Europe! Behold a Masquerade fantasy held within the walls of the Claremont Showgrounds.
- Rüfüs Du Sol – Solace Australian Tour – 22 + 24 February at the Fremantle Arts Centre – After dropping their anticipated third LP ‘Solace’, one of the world’s pre-eminent electronic acts Rüfüs Du Sol have announced what will be their biggest Aussie tour yet—the Solace Australian tour.
- Fringe World Festival – every day until 17th of February with some shows running through to March 3 – The program of events is all about variety and offering something for absolutely everyone. The line-up includes comedy, circus, free and family entertainment, theatre, visual arts, musicals, dance and cabaret presented by Western Australian artists along with performers from all over the world.
- Rottnest Channel Swim – 23 February – Rottnest Channel Swim is a 19.7km open water swim from Cottesloe Beach to Rottnest Island. Join the festive atmosphere on Cottesloe beach for the start of the race.
- Insider Art Summer – every day until 24 February aptly staged at the Fremantle Prison – showcases the creative achievements of incarcerated prisoners from across Western Australia. The collection of new works exhibited represents a diverse array of traditional and contemporary approaches to art making. Pieces exhibited include those from traditional Aboriginal artists with 50,000 years of culture to draw upon; those created by prisoners engaged in tertiary courses in contemporary art practice; and everything in between.
Cheaper short term rentals!
Accommodation wise, short term rentals are usually cheaper in February too with the high holiday season behind us. Check out our latest accommodation availability for great places to stay in Cottesloe, Fremantle, Maylands and South Perth or contact us with your dates and requirements for a comprehensive quote.